Wednesday, April 8, 2020

As I wrote previously I am naming locations on my model railroad after neighborhoods in Brooklyn, NY.  I grew up in the Gravesend neighborhood which was one of the original 17th century Dutch settlements on the western end of Long Island.

Since we are locked in at home I was cruising the TV with my remote when I came upon a four episode mini-series on Amazon Prime titled "Gravesend".  As it turns out the producer, who is also the lead actor, is from Gravesend and the series was shot mostly in the old neighborhood.  If it gets traction there will more episodes.

The story line centers around a soldier in a ficticious ethnic fraternal organization whose members all have last names that end in a vowel.  The real last names of most of the actors and actresses in the show also end in a vowel.  Hmmmm.

If you decide to watch this show just know that it is not an uplifitng experience and the characters have as many redeeming qualities as the characters that were in the Sopranos.  Basically a bunch of thugs.

Now for the model railroad update:
Ran into shorting and stalling problems testing the MRC AD520 and DCC Specialties Frog-AR auto reversers.  I will be going through all the wiring and step-by-step tomorrow to try to figure this out.  I will have several reverse loops so functioning auto reversers are a must have.



1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of the tv show mentioned above. Kinda depressing in this pandemic era so I’m burying my head in the sand by watching romcoms

    ReplyDelete